Open Topics for Bachelor and Master Theses
The following lists include open research topics available for bachelor and master theses as well as practical projects. Please note that these lists do not exhaustively list all topics. Members of the chair often offer additional topics within their area of interest, so feel free to contact them directly at their personal web page.
Regarding general questions please contact Stefan Geißler.
You can easily view a summary and a detailed description of the topics listed here by clicking the Abstract link below the respective entry. The contact details of the respective supervisor are also made available there.
- Supervisor: Schwind, A.: Analyzing the Generated Network Traffic of Instant Messaging Applications, (2018).
- Loh, F.: Studying Initial Video Delay with the Native YouTube Android App, (2018).
- Supervisor: Loh, F.: Evaluation of the Video Call Behavior Using Amazon Echo Show, (2018).
- Supervisor: Grigorjew, A.: Consolidation of Resources and Demands in VNF Chain Placement Problems (BA), (2018).
- Gray, N.: Evaluation of the Impact of Network Topologies and Applications on Synchronization Strategies of Distributed SDN Controllers, (2018).
- Supervisor: Geissler, S.: Investigating the Feasibility of Machine Learning for Placement Problems in Softwarized Networks, (2018).
- Gray, N.: Evaluation of Offloading Firewall Rules with P4, (2018).
- Supervisor: Schwind, A.: Potential Traffic Savings by Leveraging Proximity of Communication Groups in Mobile Messaging, (2018).
- Supervisor: Wamser, F.: Implementing a Load Indicator Metric for Network Functions, (2018).
- Supervisor: Grigorjew, A.: Performance and Parameter Evaluation of P4 Devices (Prakt.), (2018).
- Supervisor: Borchert, K.: Analysis and Correlation of objective and subjective Performance Data of an Enterprise Application, (2018).
- Supervisor: Wamser, F.: Aufbau eines Testbeds zur Demonstration von dynamischen Diensten in der Cloud, (2018).