Lehrstuhl für Informatik IIIAm Hubland
Tobias Hoßfeld is professor at the Chair of Communication Networks at the University of Würzburg, Germany, since 2018. He finished his PhD in 2009 and his professorial thesis (habilitation) "Modeling and Analysis of Internet Applications and Services" in 2013 at the University of Würzburg, where he was also heading the "Future Internet Applications & Overlays" research group. From 2014 to 2018, he was head of the Chair "Modeling of Adaptive Systems" at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. He has published more than 100 research papers in major conferences and journals, receiving 5 best conference paper awards, 3 awards for his PhD thesis, and the Fred W. Ellersick Prize 2013 (IEEE Communications Society) for one of his articles on QoE. He is member of the advisory board of the ITC conference and the editorial board of IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials.
Editorial board member
- IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
- ACM SIGMM Records
- Springer Quality and User Experience
- Member of the International Advisory Council of the ITC conference being the first conference in networking science and practice
- Member of ITG/VDE KT2 "Communication Networks and Systems" including the expert group 5.2.1 "System Architecture and Traffic Engineering"
- ITG/VDE TI 4 "Communication and Distributed Systems" (KuVS)
- GI/ITG "Measurement, Modeling, and Evaluation of Computing Systems" (MMB), GI Expert Group 3.2 and ITG Expert Group TI 5
TPC Co-Chair of (selected) International Conferences
- 1th IEEE International Conference on Networks of the Future (NoF 2020)
- 11th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX 2019)
- International Conference on Networked Systems 2019 (NetSys 2019)
- ITC 30 "Teletraffic in a Smart World in 2018
- Dagstuhl Seminar "Evaluation in the Crowd: Crowdsourcing and Human-Centred Experiments", 2015
- ITC 28 "Digital Connected World" in 2016, Würzburg, Germany
- Third International Workshop on Economic Traffic Management 2010 (ETM 2010)
- QoMEX 2017 Reviewer Recognition Award
- Fred W. Ellersick Prize 2013 (IEEE Communications Socienty), given annually to the best article published in a Communications Society magazine in the previous 3 calendar years: "A Generic Quantitative Relationship between Quality of Experience and Quality of Service,"IEEE Network, Vol. 24, No. 2, March/April 2010, pp.36-41.
- GI/ITG “Messung, Modellierung und Bewertung von Rechensystemen” MMB 2010 PhD award
- Award for outstanding PhD theses 2010 at University of Würzburg
- Best dissertation award 2010 of the Institute of Computer Science
- 9/2009 - 5/2013: Habilitation at the University of Würzburg on “Modeling and Analysis of Internet Applications and Services”.
- 10/2003 - 8/2009: Dr. rer. nat. at the University of Würzburg (summa cum laude). PhD tesis at OPUS
- 10/1997 - 9/2003: Dipl.Inform. at University of Würzburg; Computer Science with minor physics (Diplom); Mathematics with minor physics (Vordiplom).
- from 2018: full professor at the University of Würzburg and head of the chair of "Communication Networks"
- 2014 - 2018: full professor at the University of Duisburg-Essen and head of the chair of “Modeling of Adaptive Systems”
- 2008 - 2014: head of the FIA research group “Future Internet Applications & Overlays”
- 2013 - 2014: Privatdozent at the University of Würzburg
- in 2011: research stay as Senior researcher at Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien (FTW), Vienna, Austria
- 2009 - 2013: senior researcher & Akademischer Rat at the University of Würzburg
- 2004 - 2009: research assistant at Chair of Communication Networks, Prof. Dr.-Ing. P. Tran-Gia, University of Würzburg